My Teaching Background
At the age of 14, I had my first ever paying job as a homework tutor, teaching English to dyslexic pupils at my grammar school.
Years later, while working as a physical therapist, it became clear to me how physical complaints are often the result of a lack of bodily awareness.
I also witnessed the relationship between various physical complaints and psychological well-being.
It became clear to me how much physical suffering human beings can avoid by learning to cultivate a healthy relationship with our body, our emotions, our thoughts and our beliefs.
As a result, I ventured more and more into education…
- Between 2001 and 2002, I taught a course in Bodily Awareness at the Dutch Waldorf College in Driebergen-Zeist.
- Between 2015 and 2017, I taught 6 courses in health, well-being and self-development at the University of Amsterdam.
- Between 2012 and 2017, I facilitated dozens of workshops within the Dutch healthcare and education sectors.
- Between 2015 and 2016, I taught two editions of a course titled The School of Transformation, focused on supporting personal development within a framework of Integral Theory.
- In 2017, I also taught a stress management course for Ph.D students employed by the AMC (Academic Medical Centre) in Amsterdam.
- Learn how to improve the quality of your relationships
- Enhance your ability to achieve important life goals
- Explore techniques to manage stress effectively
- Get to know your individual character strengths
- Experiment with ways to experience deeper meaning in life